Friday, April 20, 2012

The Haute Food Co. @ Plaza Damas

 The place.


If you know me, you might know that one of the things I want to achieve in life is to open my own bakery or restaurant. It was a dream, still is.. and I never really could put a finger on what type of place I wish to open. But when my friend shared a link with me, I knew that if my dream cafe exists, this was how it should be. A simple place with desserts that make your mouth water, simply by it's originality.  

 First up was the Caramel Pound Cake (RM5.50). I liked it enough to give it a try but this isnt the first thing I would order if I enter a bakery. It was pretty light and had a nice caramel flavour to it. However, it WAS a little too dry for my liking.  


 Then there was the Raspberry with White Chocolate and Lemon Cheesecake. This is one cake you really have to appreciate for both it's tartness as well as creaminess. But what appealed to me even more was it's chocolate crust. There's a hint of the good old graham cracker but it's mixed with crushed chocolate cookies and just that slight tinge of lemon zest. 


The third cake we tried was the Tiramisu. I read in one of the food blogs that they couldnt appreciate the mascarpone cheese in Haute's version of tiramisu.. Too light, they said. But somehow for me, I like this tiramisu VERY much. Perhaps it is how generous they are with the rum. With each bite you take, there is that hint of rum in every mouthful. The lady fingers (the sponge layer) were also very soft and spongy..  

And, since it was supposed to be lunch, so we decided to order a sandwich as well. Presenting to you.. Smoked salmon sandwich with cream cheese and rye bread along with salad. Felt that the bread was somewhat too hard, and maybe I would have been able to appreciate it better eating it by itself without all that salmon and cream cheese. But that asides, the salmon was good and savoury. Need a stronger sense of cream cheese. Couldnt really detect it in the sandwich. :(


A sum-up of everything we ordered today. :) 
RM46.40.. *oops*

 A picture of Michelle and I.

Michelle and Hui Fong.

 And... Hui Fong and I. :)
Turns out it is pretty easy to get to Plaza Damas in Hartamas from UM if you take the Sprint Highway. We were there in about 10minutes despite the fact that none of us are familiar with Hartamas at all. 

I would come here again but not too soon as the price is a little too high for me. And if I do come, it would be for the cakes. I am very impressed with how they managed to give some of the cakes an interesting twist. Although people say that the sandwiches are good, I beg to differ. They arent the worst, but I think there is much to improve on with their bread. Maybe we picked the wrong sandwich to try or it could be the fact that everyone has a different opinion of what's good. But whatever it is, do check out their cakes. I wont forget this place. :)

This is the place to go if...
You are looking for a quiet place to hang out with close friends, or even a lovers' date. It is very cozy and the area of the cafe is pretty small. Also good for people with a weaknesses for sweet stuff as they serve some of the more delicious cakes I have tasted in my life. 


The Haute Food Co. 
H-0-2
Block H, Plaza Damas,
Ground Floor,
60 Jalan Sri Hartamas,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-62013168

10am - 6pm
Closed on Tuesdays. 


No comments:

Post a Comment