Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fresca Mexican Kitchen & Bar @ The Gardens

My last paper was over yesterday so my normal life shall resume from now on. Well I would like to think of it that way. After all, I still have a project paper which is due next month and I have not touched on it a single bit yet. The impending doom.. oh yes.

Had a 'celebratory' dinner with HF yesterday. We were walking around The Gardens and we saw The Delectable (near Cold Storage). We gravitated to the cake counter and HF ended up buying the 7 Sins of Chocolate and wanted to give it to me?! (After I told her I have a very bad flu and if we share, she will get sick too! hehe. Now you know the secret to getting goodies for yourself. *psst.. secret.)


Seven Sins of Chocolate from The Delectable (RM12). Presentation wise, looks pretty classic and elegant. They gave it in a nice brown paper bag with all the 'sins' stored in the box above. It's basically many different layers of chocolate indulgences. The bottom most layer was definitely chocolate cake , and then there was a light cream layer, caramel layer, chocolate chip layer as well as a dusting of cocoa on the top. If I missed any other layers, blame it on my flu. :( Honestly, it really did not meet up to my expectation because I tried one of their cakes before and it was pretty good. So I expected quite a bit from this. But what turned out to be the Seven Sins of Chocolate was a lot of light cream. There was quite a bit of cake layer and light cream layer. But nothing much of the other layers. The caramel layer was not too well distributed and my half had very little of the caramel though I noted that if there was more, it would have been better. The light cream was too light and almost tasteless. Expected a more denser, more indulgent type of dessert from this.. but I was wrong. Oh well.. presentation made up for it!

We strolled around a little more and ended up at Fresca Mexican kitchen & Bar. HF wanted to try this place out and since it was just after exams, why not. Service was pretty good, their waiter has a mexican accent when he speaks and the entire ambiance of the place was pretty conducive for long chit-chats. (Like the one we had).

I had the Chicken Enchilladas Rojas (RM28). The meal wasnt too bad, a simple Mexican fair. Clockwise from right, the red mushy thing is refried beans. The texture and flavour reminded me a lot of mashed potatoes. Good stuff! Rice was pretty alright too. As for the main highlight of the dish, the enchilladas rojas was not really what I expected. Basically, it's tortilla wrapped with chicken and special marinade and this is covered with melted cheese and red chilli sauce. It did look very tasty but the chicken inside was too meaty for my liking. I enjoyed the red chilli sauce though... VERY SPICY.

HF ordered this. Cant remember the specific name but it was Pa... ... .... (RM29). It's sizzling plate of chicken with marinade sauce served with green rice. The good thing about this dish was the chicken and its marinade. The chicken pieces contrary to how it looks, it actually very juicy and flavourful. 

Overall, the place was satisfactory. We picked a little corner of the restaurant and was talking the entire of our time there from before 6pm until 9.30pm. The place gets more busy around 7pm plus. Overall, it was a nice time hanging out with that girl. We just had so many stories to share.. hehe.  


This is the place to go if..
You are looking for a simple (Mexican) fare to dine. The food isnt really fancy but I guess they are serving what Mexicans actually eat and we cant expect fancy food on a daily routine, even if we are Mexicans right? HF liked this place because of the authenticity of the food, something about having no MSG in the food. hmm. 


Fresca Mexican Kitchen & Bar
Lot G-242A, Ground Floor
The Gardens
Midvalley City 
Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 03-22012893
Open from 11am to 11pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment