Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Friends

I cant describe how much love and gratitude I feel right now. I have never felt this blessed for a long time and it really doesnt matter if certain aspects of my life are worse off than others. At the very least, in the past few months, I have been walking a journey to discover what true friendships really mean. Not to say that there is a stereotype mould for who deserves to be called your best friend.

What i found is that everyone has such unique striking personalities that makes them who they are. If you can truly appreciate the beauty of them as they are, you respect them for them, you are there for them when they are down - indeed, you are a friend. The tricky part is in distinguishing whether a friend is really a friend or someone who just spends time with you for the fun (aka "laughing friends").

Thankfully, I have rarely encountered such people. Most of the friends I know are genuine. And I hope things will not change for a long long time. Even as I type this, names are running across my mind. You know who you are, some may not even know this blog exists, some do. It's alright, doesnt really matter. I just want you to know how grateful I am to have found the meaning of friendship in each and everyone of you. Thank you for cheering me on when I am down, for listening and only listen to my rants and raves, for giving me the most random of messages and sms-es, for knowing what I have to go through and still, pretend that everything is okay, for giving me strength to pass each day, for taking me out and giving me the time of my life, for giving me generous compliments (which actually does wonders to my day) and for all the countless little little memories every single individual is capable of giving. All of y'll are the reasons I smile each day. Given the opportunity, I want to do the same for you.

I guess that is what makes friendships unique. They spark you to be better, they make you laugh, they make you realise that life is bursting with colours. In fact, friendship is very much like love and relationships, except that friendship can be shared by many while.. relationships are preferably shared by two.

My friends.. have shown me that there is so much more to this world than one person. That the world is indeed at my feet and it is truly up to me, to decide where and what I want to do with my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment