Thursday, May 24, 2012

Plan B @ Bangsar Village

A little break before the real drilling begins. 

Plan B is a place with simple but well-decorated decor. Comfortable cushions and the place attracts just the right number of crowd. It isnt too empty (which would indicate that it isnt that great) but neither is it too crowded that it becomes a turn-off. A, HF, M and I spent three hours chatting, laughing and crapping there. The food was filling and the desserts were tasty. By the time we proceeded to our chatting session, I was groping my tummy from laughter. 

Shall not crowd this post with words as there are plenty of pictures to do the talking. 



Pasta Beef Bolognese (RM21.00). M's choice - just realise I didnt try this. Oops. 

Pasta Carbonara in the picture below (RM20.00). Super creamy. I would definitely order this the next time I come back here! However my friends seemed to think it was a little too creamy and filling. You may ignore them and proceed to trying it out yourself. ;)



The picture above is the Pasta Moroccan Lamb Meatballs (RM24.00) Strangely I felt that the portion was much bigger than the other three bowls of pasta served but nevermind that. I must say that the meatballs were lovely. Very tender and powdery and not too much of a meaty flavour. Just perfect. And the creamy eggplants complimented the spaghetti quite well. 

A ordered Pasta Wild Mushroom (RM20.00). The most striking feature of this meal is the lemony flavour. 





There were a number of other pasta dishes but I guess we covered quite a number today since all four of us picked a different pasta dish. Heh. Overall, I would say that the Carbonara was the best followed by the Moroccan Lamb Meatballs. I did not fancy the lemony flavour much. However, I believe the preference would differ with each individual. 

Now moving on to the desserts. :D

It was love at first sight for me when I saw the Apple Crumble Tart. It looked so steady and stable. Yumm. 



 So naturally, I picked that. Apple Crumble Tart (RM11) was served with one generous scoop of vanilla ice-cream. I super love the crumble part and the apple chunks were not too wet nor dry. Just perfect. However, I would personally prefer a thinner or not so buttery crust. Again, this preference differs with each individual. It was nevertheless a good piece of dessert to try and my fellow friends generally agreed.


We could tell HF really wanted the Red Velvet Cake (RM10.00) so it was no surprise when that was her pick. Having never tried any other red velvet but my own, I must say that this was pretty good (but of course mine is still better :p). The cake was light and spongy. Not a hint of denseness nor butteriness. However the flavour of the red velvet was a little too disguised by the cream cheese frosting, for my liking. It was nevertheless, better than expected. :) *Thumbs up*


A picked the Flourless chocolate Fudge (RM11.00) which did not disappoint. Somewhat like a molten chocolate cake because of its moistness. 


And M, the kiddie, ordered the Rocky Road Bar (RM5.00). Felt that it was too dry and stuffed with marshmallows. Personally not much of a marshmallow fan so perhaps that is why I didnt really enjoy this. But M was  happy and since she loves marshmallows.. so... hehe. 


And that is the end of my review for Plan B. Well not quite. I had an awesome time today with the three of them. Laughing, talking, crapping, cracking jokes like there was not a care in the world. I laughed so hard till my tummy hurt and even then I couldnt stop laughing. thank god there were nice comfy sofas to sit at while we chatted. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice and easy. Not too posh, not too run-down. 

This is the place to go if..
You are crazy for Red Velvets. Also, it is a great place to grab some pasta. (Havent tried the other dishes so cant tell about those till then). The waiters are polite and dont try to shoo you away so you may also feel free to chat as long as your hearts desire. :D



Plan B
G5, Ground Floor, 
Bangsar Village I,
No. 1, Jalan Telawi Satu,
Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur.

03-22872630


1 comment: