Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Epiphany

Alright, so I have been down in the dumps for faaaar too long, in my honest opinion.

But a thought just occurred to me. And I realised that there is no point fretting over the small stuff. I guess everyone has been saying it to me all along.. dont read too much into things, be grateful for all the other happy things that you have in your life, that life still has to go on, yada yada. These things are always true but how often do we hear it and let it out from the other ear. Loads of times, right?

It hit me this evening.. I only have one life. I want to be happy. But I cant expect others to make me happy when I myself is not happy. I have wasted my one week of precious holiday by being sad but what has it done to me? Nothing, except make me lose 1kg. haha. A tiny fleck of dust, even, will look enormous under a microscope. But when you choose to see it as it is - in reality, you will realise that the little lint of dust is nothing compared to other things.

I'm not gonna pretend that my life is perfect and all. Yet, this doesnt give me a reason to sulk and be sad. I want to be grateful for all the other things in life that has and will give me opportunities to smile.

I'm glad I got to meet so many wonderful people from the Incovar camp who never fail to be a good friend when you need one.

Also grateful to have met new friends at Paws Mission who along with their presence, created lots of fond memories to be remembered. These friends.. though we come from so different backgrounds, are still able to bond and have a fun time together. Love every minute being with all of you.

Old friends from almost a decade ago, still being able to talk with easy banter... that's happiness too right?

And not to forget, my family.. especially my mom who never fails to care for me. You rock the most.

I am not dead, so I should stop acting like a dead corpse. It's never too late to be happy. And this is what I resolve to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment