Monday, September 10, 2012

Third Year Begins

It feels different being a third year law student.

The new freshies one year ago are now seniors, so that makes me a super-senior. The first semester is not so taxing so you kinda feel like you have all the freedom in the world. You get the choice of picking whatever electives you want, in which i picked ballet. I think it is a wonderful thing that we dont just have the choice of picking law subjects all the time. I like the fact that I do not have to be restricted to law, because law can be quite monotonous. Perhaps, it is the trips to China that has both extended my circle of friends as well as taught me what solidarity means. I dont feel like I no longer belong, because I do. But neither does that mean I need to stick to a certain bunch of friends all the time. But when we meet, I know we are genuine friends. I like the idea of having only three law subjects to take this semester compared to my previous semesters where four or five law subjects was the norm. (Though I know I will pay for this stress-free life in future semesters). I look forward to the meaningful semester I have ahead, because this time, I know my priorities. I know myself. I know what I like and dislike, what I need and what I dont.

Here's to a good semester ahead.   

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy ur new semester, hope my BF Xin Lin everything is well!U r a brilliant girl with a lot of thoughts~From u, i see the results of different education systems~For China,there's a long road to go!:PHope to see u again!God bless xinlin,buddha bless xinlin~Smile always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢传林!从认识你后,我也学到很多关于中国的事情。

      Delete