Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What a day!

Today is Chee Yuan's birthday.. He is now officially 19 years old! Haha, AND i am 5 months older than you, kiddo.. I got his friends to have a surprise birthday lunch for him and it worked.. At least no one bocor the secret and i guess the only mistake was that i answered CY's phone when i entered Sunway Pyramid.. >.<

Do you know why i like your friends so much? They really have what people call "yu qi".. if translated in BM... semangat berpasukan?? I like how they were so happy to sing the birthday song for you in public, when i came in with the cake... it really helped make things not awkward for me..

I wish i stayed on with you guys.. i didnt do much studying at home today... even now.. my mind and mood is with you guys... so free and relaxed now that your A Levels are over... Just that, MINE are just about to start in a week's time! Oh boy.. :S

Dinner treat from me at Buona Sera. Wouldnt say it is the best, but it definitely was not the worst. I guess if you are a person with a sweet-tooth, you could drop by here and try out their desserts.. They have a great variety and they all look really good.. E.g. Sticky date pudding, zabaglione, chocolate tarts, gelato, sherbet, etc etc. I ordered the zabaglione.. It was served in a wine glass.. Bottom was some sort of berry sherbet. Top was a frothy egg mixture which had the slightest taste of wine in it. When the sweet sour-ish flavour of berry hit the light flavour of the froth, it was incredible! I love it. If i ever do come here again, i will order more desserts. Only.

The main meals were nothing much to talk about. I guess for the price we pay, we got the quality the price fetched. CY had rosemary Chicken while i had linguinne sakura pork chop. Both were heavy with the herby spices taste, especially my linguinne. The linguinne started off tasting sour and not that great. But as the taste developed further, i enjoyed our the pasta afforded a warm fuzzy feeling from within. Lol.

As for Cy's rosemary chicken, i though it was a better choice than my pasta. Though the chicken is alittle on the dry side, i enjoyed the accompanying sauce... It had a herb flavour-ed oil? Maybe a little of rosemary, garlic, onion, and olive oil? Not too sure.. But it really suited the flavour of the chicken. What i can say is, the main courses did not exceed my expectations but the desserts did!

Anyhow, i hope you, Lee Chee Yuan , Alwyn had a great time today. That is the main purpose.
I am really glad i did what i did today.. At least every thing turned out as plan..

This year, i decided not to give you any fancy present or object. I did it by choice. Because i realise that you are leaving to India in not a very long time and it will be of course, a whole new challenge for our relationship. I want you to leave this land with fond memories of us and not the many bitter-sweet ones we so have. Nothing in the future is ever certain.. but if you ever do have doubts in this relationship, i wanted you to have something to turn back onto and remind yourself that what matters most is our feelings for each other. I didnt want to give you a present only to have you to leave it in your home. No, that will not be my intention. I wanted to give you something you would have no qualms about taking along with you to India and i without a doubt, i knew that the best present i could give you this year would be the sweet memories of today..

Hence, i am thankful to everyone who paled their part and made today possible. No matter how small your role was, it was still a part of it that made the entire thing go on like clock work.

Yes, i will not have any regrets for this year. I wouldnt have to sigh and wish i did better when you were around.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment