Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Baking Stress

"If you wouldn't do your job for free, then quit." Heard of that phrase before?

When I first read that months back, I was kind of amused. But lately this phrase seems to be truer than ever.

Baking is always something I love doing, and never helps to be therapeutic for my frazzled nerves or if I feel sad/stressed/ depressed/(you get it, fill in the blank). I bake for any occasion, sad or happy. And love giving them away to anyone who loves to eat, when my cakes turn out pretty. But baking for customers is a whole different matter.

The baking business is FINALLY roaring it's ugly head at me!

I feel really tired and stressed right now. Maybe it's also because so many things will be happening next week.. new semester beginning, three cake orders in one week (all with different demands), classes, personal stuff, events. Thinking of it already makes me feel drained.

I am only thankful that this is something I put myself up for. Something that I have always enjoyed doing even if no one paid me, as long as people actually do enjoy my cakes. The joy of seeing someone take a second helping.. that's what makes my baking experience worth while.


No comments:

Post a Comment