Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dog-training

Just back from a day at the animal shelter. Somehow, dogs are one of the few things that manage to keep me happy and carefree, even at my saddest and moodiest. Perhaps it is something to do with being able to be myself around them. This is the second time I am visiting the place. Have met lots of friendly people that I can feel comfortable around with like TJ, Tua, Elise.. so glad to have met these people. Even though i dont know their full names, nor have their fb acc, it kinda feels good being with them. Well, we do all have one thing in common - love for dogs.

You may be curious about the kind of work I am doing at the shelter. Basically, we are on a mission to train stray dogs so that they are more acceptable to people when people come to the shelter to adopt dogs. We train the basic commands like sit and recall and also to train them to walk along with their fellow humans. I picked this handsome looking brown dog with black streaks. He looks very cool and confident but when I brought him out of the pent, he kinda became not so confident. It's okay.. i guess these things take time. Thankful i didnt end up picking an agressive dog like Tua. I wouldnt know how to handle a dog who might snap at me each time i press his butt to make him sit! hmm... i will be doing this training for the next 5 weeks. Looking forward to the possibilities and outcome from this programme. I like the people here, and not to forget the dogs. And there is a beautiful river next to the shelter that looks like it just came out from a story book. I definitely like this place. :)

P.S Anyone free tomorrow? Do pop by IOI mall from 11am to 6pm. There will be an adoption drive there and you can adopt any of the cute puppies up for adoption! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment