Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Already Gone

Let's see.

I spent my first week of holidays in Hong Kong with my mother and another week with the Japanese delegates traveling all over Melaka and Kuala Lumpur. This leaves me with barely a few days to study my lost Contract subject. I have not touched the book although i seriously need to.

Hong Kong was incredible! Although the weather was a little hot and humid, everything otherwise was practically perfect. I love HK food, (their noodles suit my taste, their desserts are splended, and not to forget, i tried AND love smelly tofu..) love their efficient transport system, and the most amazing thing i discovered was... their 6am is equivalent to our 8am brightness although we are in the same time zone. I think HK is perfect for me.. if i lived there, i can wake up at my normal 6.30am and know that i am not alone. Even the shops open at 7am! Lol.

I travelled almost half of HK all via MTR and tram. It was an eye-opening experience that i will never forget. For anyone looking to Hong Kong for a vacation, the must-go and must-haves are:

1. Tai Cheong egg tarts (make sure you eat it fresh!)
3. Aunty Sweet's durian bean curd jelly
4. Tram rides
5. The big buddha, Wong Tai Sin, and the many temples around the island
6. Their small stalls along the road that sells anything and everything
7. Wan tan mee (it's different from Malaysia's)
8. Ocean park
9. Smelly tofu @ Prince Edwards

I guess you really need to discover the beauty of HK yourself.. it's not easy to describe such an amazing country in just one single blog post. Initially, i wanted to dedicate a 3-entry post for my HK trip but due to the lack of free time during my 'holiday'... i decided not.

I shall now proceed to the ALSA UM-Japan Study trip.

Actually, the study trip is still on going. Tomorrow, it would be the table discussion at the law faculty involving the topic of ADR followed by the climax of the trip at Pearl International Hotel with the cultural night and the 'after-party'. Woohoo!

Today, we went to one of the biggest law firms in Malaysia, Shearn Delamore & Co. The place was no doubt impressive and it would be almost any lawyers dream to achieve partner status in a law firm of such prestige. They served us a finger-licking lunch and one of the partners was warm enough to offer to treat us at one of the local coffee shops around the area. I especially love their 'crispy cheese' tart and the satay. The japanese delegates taught us to say 'i nioi' and 'oishi'. Teehee.. I suppose you can guess what it means.. ;p

We also went to klrc, the arbitration centre in Malaysia.

And then, before yesterday, we went to Melaka for a 2 day trip there. The Baba Nyonya food, introduced by the Melakan students of ALSA was unforgettable. I enjoyed every dish served, especially the cendol. Yum!

Oh ya, Joshua, Vincent and I 'ponteng' part of the study trip to watch Resident Evil. The movie kept me on my feet in the later half part. The beginning was a little slow but that aside, i have no regret for watching. *Paiseh* I fell asleep a few times at the start (probably because i was too tired) and someone had to box me in the face a few times. Haha.. Nevertheless, like i said earlier, the later part was very exciting and the ending leaves us wondering when will the next RE will be released.

Something Mr Kent (he is a partner in Sheanr Delamore & Co btw) said has started me thinking..
A lawyer's job is to solve other peoples' problems, but the fact is, a lawyer is capable to solve other people's problems yet they themselves have many problems behind them (in their own life.) I was quite amused when i heard him say this and marvelled at how true it was. I think of all the lawyer people i know and perhaps he is right?

Today's trip to the law firm made me impressed on how successful lawyers can be, if only they know how much potential they truly have. But this trip has also made me wonder, how much lawyer substance do i really have?






No comments:

Post a Comment