Saturday, February 19, 2011

I am sitting on the bench (which was also my bed last night) at the Incheon International Airport as i type this.

The past week plus has been a one hell of an experience.. the awesome experiences, the chilling weather, and the occasional letdowns shall always form a part of my memories in Korea. No doubt, i will never forget the cold-blasted wind that leaves all of us shivering in the wind, the generous buffets provided by the ALSA Korea organisers, the lighted and busy streets of Myeondong, and last but not last, the delightful sights and sounds i have experienced thus far which of course includes the whole new variety of Korean food i have never tasted before in my life.

I have confirmed my distaste for kimchi, i have discovered i love bibimbap, amongst the other delicious street foods here. Korean food is not the typical fare we have at our homes. First and foremost, Koreans dont eat much meat. They eat alot of raw vege and vegetables that we Malaysians are foreign to! Hmm... for the courageous and adventurous, i guess this would be a great chance to explore your taste buds but as for me, i was simply satisfied to keep my stomach full. I guess, Korean food just aint for me.

Nevertheless, it has been an enriching experience thus far. I learnt alot about myself in this trip and about others around me too..

Going back to what i was saying.. we missed our flight back to Malaysia by 20minutes. How unfortunate.. will be boarding the flight tonight though.. When i get back, i will have tons of stuff to do and settle. As i type this, i do feel a little anxiety creeping up for the day that awaits me, the assignments due in a fortnight or so, the revision expected from us students, the tests cropping up, and editorial articles to write. And among all that, i need to quickly learn to deal with the fact that CY will be leaving in approximately one month time.

The only thing that comforts me now is knowing that i am not alone. That everyone single person here, that participated in this ALSA Korea trip must be facing a certain level of stress or other. I guess the differences is just about how you deal with it.

There are always two choices in life.



Things to do: (note to myself)
1. Tort assignment - 11 March 2011
2. TITAS test revision - MONDAY
3. Hubungan etnik - due first week of March
4. APK
5. MLS test revision - first week March
6. English oral test
7. VOX articles
8. Revise contract assignment

anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment