Thursday, February 3, 2011

On The First Day of CNY

Dunno why but the thought suddenly occured to me that CNY to me, is about the same every year.

CNY eve is the same, first day is the same, second day would be the same too. I wondered when this cycle will ever change.... and the answer came pretty simple to me.

When you get married, of course. hmmm...?

The one thing i like about new years is the opportunity i get to watch all my little cousins, nieces, and nephews grow so dramatically. My cousin whom has just started secondary school, is the little baby i remember that needed to be craddled in the "swing" for him to sleep. My half-nephews have all grown... the three brothers whom i remember were all once babies are now schooling in international schools. It's amazing what a few years can do to kids, and i was once one - not too long ago too!

I look at my half cousin's wife who has just given birth to a beautiful baby boy and i marvel at what a few months can do to change a person's life. The last time i saw that couple, they were inviting us to their wedding!

I love to watch these kind of "phenomenas".. They dont happen everyday. It's really beautiful, it makes me cant wait till i get my turn. Maybe what i am saying right now is in the "heat of the moment", but i really cant wait to marry, start a family, have a baby to love and care for
together with my husband. Maybe i wont even mind gaining the extra weight from a pregnancy because I know it will be an amazing feeling to have a child together with someone you love. That feeling is priceless. It's too bad i am longing for all that when there is still a long time ahead. More than five years, more than six, more than seven. hmm...

Anyway, going off to my mom's hometown tomorrow. Might just be baking some delicious banana cupcakes in Bagan Datoh!

Oh btw, here's a picture of me preparing the chilli paste for the reunion dinner. Fyi, chilli is a must for my family, espeically me.

Metta got curious and decided to watch over me while i pounded the chilli. But since he has a short attention span, he decided to pose a few shots for me. Hehe. He is such a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment