Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart

MLS just ended this morning. It wasnt the best paper but thank god not my worst either, i hope. The question left me stun for a moment. Glad i managed to write some things out.

The past few days havent been the easiest for me. Somehow i seem more emotional than usual. Then i realised that i havent been baking for a while.. So.. today, i did some therapeutic baking in the evening. Haha. Baking makes me happy because i love being able to make nice food that can be enjoyed by myself and my family (and CY, of course). It feels so good to be able to build something out of scratch and see it transform from blocks of butter to a delicacy other people can enjoy.

Today, I made some Blueberry Cream Cheese Tarts. It's quite simple to make, yet it's so tasty.
A:
250g cream cheese
40g butter
65g sugar

B:
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice

C:
Egg

Beat ingredients A until smooth. Then add in ingredients B. Stir in ingredient C (the egg).

..and the batter is ready!

I bought the butter casing so the the task of baking the casing was simplified. I just had to fill the batter in. Bake at around 165C for 6 minutes and presto!

But i also went the extra mile by putting in some blueberry puree. XD

Note: When it is just done, expect the cheese filling to be a little soft. It hardens as it cools. Chill it to have it at it's best.

I have less than three weeks with you until you leave Malaysia. I guess this would be the first time you would be out of my reach for such a long period. Every day since Form 4, I have had the priviledge of being able to call you at my whim or see you at least five times a day. I'm sort of afraid for what is in store for us, but in another way, my heart is nodding approvingly. Because when you come back, we can say that we have succeeded in making this relationship work in more than one way. At that time, there would be just so many reasons that our relationship would last, and we would be that one step closer to fulfilling our dreams together.

No comments:

Post a Comment