Friday, March 18, 2011

Buffet at Tenji

Went to Tenji with Jolene, Li Ly, Chiao Ying, and Hui Yin after family law lecture today. I have been wanting to go to Tenji since forever (because i heard their coconut drink is nice) but never got the chance. And i got the chance today.. thank you girls, you prevented me from one day of emo-ing at home.
The first moment i stepped into the place, i was in awe. The place was huge and it took some time for me to get used to the layout. I was extremely pleased that there was Haagen Daaz and Baskin Robbins ice-cream to eat. If not, the meal would not have been worth it d (It cost about RM54 per person). I was really happy to see so many stuff.. from the typical sushi and rare seafood (typical japanese stuff) to spicy octopus in some red sauce (it was delicious!) and some of their desserts are worth a try. I would recommend the tiramisu and the green tea cake (cant remember specifically). I am not much of a meat eater so the salmon and raw fish didnt impress me much. Oh ya... another delicious food was the takoyaki! It's really good, the first takoyaki i tried was in Asia Cafe Subang Jaya and the one in Tenji beats that. Hmm... besides that, the coconut drink was a let down. I have tasted better coconuts before.

Mochi.. so full i couldnt even stuff one piece into my stomach..
Egg tarts and durian tarts.. so-so only.. and the durian tart tastes artificial, according to chiao ying.. i didnt try it.. (again, because i was too full)
Takoyaki.. the highlight of my meal!
White chocolate cake with mousse at the base.. mousse was nice, cake was erm.. cake?
Finally the fondue.. i was initially very taken to the fondue. I have never tried eating from a chocolate fondue before and i wanted to try it.. but because i had stuffed myself up with ice-cream already, there was no more space in my tummy.. :(

On the down side, the service is not very fast. Food runs out and tend to take a very long time to refill. Sometimes if you dont request for it, they just leave the buffet plate empty (Baskin Robbins ice-cream and baby octupus as examples).

All in all, the food is considered good, but considering the price we pay, it has to be. Service can be improved on. But the most important thing that day was the company i had. Had a great time with all of you. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment