Thursday, August 11, 2011

Crazy over Cakes

Here I am wide awake in the wee hours of the morning.. ironically, dreaming about cakes.

It's funny how one cake decoration class has transformed my dreams and have given me motivation. All of a sudden, I realise where my passion lies. It isnt in reading heavy tomes of law books nor crunching numbers. I must always have known that baking and food is my first love but have always denied its rightful place in my heart. But the class has given me strength to believe that it is possible. I can still continue my law degree but would it be possible to pursue baking and the like, part-time?

It has been keeping me wide awake. There is this course I would really like to take. Two or three actually... all involving baking or cakes. But if I take these courses, it would mean less me time and it might even affect my university life in the law faculty. But until when do I live my life for others and when do I start living my life according to my passions. I was thinking... if I dont pursue it now, when will I ever have the opportunity? I missed the opportunity once, twice even. Am I willing to let the third chance slip away too?


3 comments:

  1. You are right, Xin Lin. I did told my mom before that I wanted to take up Culinary Arts after SPM but was turned down immediately by her. I understand how you feel , like totally. I enjoy baking cakes and cooking but my baking is kind of restricted whereby I can't bake what I want to bake, unlike you. What I suggest is, you can actually go for classes over the weekend. I heard that some bakeries do actually offer baking class once per week. Maybe you could join the class. It won't affect much of our studies. :D Btw, what happened to your FB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow.... didnt know you were also this into food! heh. I trust that you know how i feel. I spotted a few classes, there was even a three month course during our long long holiday but i missed it because i had to do an attachment (totally regretted that decision!). Currently enrolling myself into courses i am interested in, guess it will just have to be a step-by-step process. :)
    I'll be back on FB soon, as what jason would call it.. "FB-fasting!" haha..
    invite me to your blog, will you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure thing. I need your email address

    ReplyDelete