Monday, August 8, 2011

A Day with Opticians

Ever came across with someone who has sensitive eyes? Maybe... you blink really easily every time something flies into your eyes? It's one of the reasons why until this day, I wear glasses.

The first optician turned me down saying that my eyes are too sensitive. I've been going to him since I had my first pair of glasses. I failed to wear lens a few years back and he decides now that I just have to come to terms with wearing glasses for the rest of my life?! I cant take this kind of answer. He also told me that it's up to my will to do it, that I believe. But he did not believe that I could do it.

I'm grateful that my mom has finally begun to take my wishes more seriously. She offered to take me to a second optician. I might not be able to proudly say that I can wear my own contact lens from this day forth... yet; but tomorrow, with renewed spirits and a burning wish to be rid of my old glasses, I will not give up.

I actually made progress today, under the gentle guidance of the second optician. I learnt how to keep my eyes open, and I think I touched my eyeballs too. Just that I still havent gathered enough courage to touch the cornea. She managed to put on the lens on my right eye and it felt really comfortable. I truly believe once I leap over this hurdle, I will be able to take to wearing contact lens as easily as brushing my teeth.

Wearing lens might not be easy for everyone. Some people do struggle more than others in making that first step. But now I have every more reason to learn to wear them. Because now, it isnt just the case of wearing lens in the name of vanity.. but it is also for the sake of overcoming one of many of my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment