Friday, October 7, 2011

the wind

Everything is constantly changing. Circumstances, emotions, people, responsibilities, rights. You might be at one place at one point in time, and no matter how much you try to stay at that one place, life or rather, the forces in life, will eventually make you move. I like to think of things that way, whenever the going gets tough. At least, I am assured that whatever pain I am going through is temporary only.

You came and you left,
Like the wind,
Strong and hard-on
Leaving me walking to the direction
of your choice
And now,
now that the wind has passed
i am stranded on this lonesome path
a lone stranger
on this journey to nowhere

Each day passes
i'm constantly questioning
the sacrifices i make
I wonder
if everything i am doing
is worth the wait.

The wind is uncertain
it can be cold one day
humid the next
and just nice after that
It comes when it foresees a storm
but disappears when the day is bright
Always dragging me back
only to leave me there standing alone

No comments:

Post a Comment