Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Some people are worth waiting for a lifetime. But not all. You have to know who is.

On a separate note, I have been consistently taking Metta out for runs everyday since Saturday. The day that TJ came to my house and taught me a few tricks on how to handle my furryball of fluff. Today, I decided to give the bike a rest since I kinda feel like it's a little too exhausting for Metta. Walked him instead. I love Metta to bits right now. The story of 10 Promises to My Dog comes to my mind. When Metta was a puppy, I spent all the time i had with him. Played cops and robbers with him, gave him tummy rubs, taught him how to climb staircases, fed him milk etc. But as he gradually grew bigger and harder to handle, and along with my increasing busy life, I began to neglect him. Even then, Metta never gave up on me. He continued to treat me with just as much love as always and still trusted me enough to give him tummy rubs. And now, 10 years later, after 5 years of secondary school, 2 broken relationships, a year away from home, countless fights and tears.. Metta is still here with me. As forgiving as ever. I promise I wont take you for granted anymore Metta.

haha, now I just hope i dont end up suffocating him with my love. Just as I always do with the people I choose to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment