Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Formosa (SSTwo Mall)

Okay, some trashing ahead. I normally dont blog bad things about the restaurants I visit because I am normally just too excited about trying new food but this restaurant is one that I am terribly disappointed with! Maybe it was just my family and I who didnt have the luck today!

We went to Formosa Restaurant at SSTwo Mall for lunch. SSTwo Mall is quite a new place in SS2. Lots of the shops were not open yet and the place was quite deserted. Anyways, we choose Formosa because my grandmother came along and we needed to make sure there was some chinese food that she could at least consume.

There were five sets offered but in the end, my mother, brother and grandmother ordered the same thing.. that is the oyster mee sua whereas my dad and I ordered the three cup sauce chicken set. We were supposed to pay for the food at the cashier to order so my mom went to pay first. And when the receipt came, i noticed that my dad and my three cup sauce chicken had somehow mysteriously been converted to sausage set! Went to correct her and when the food came, oh yea... it was chicken but it wasnt three cup sauce chicken. It was fried chicken! God bless that woman for taking down the order wrongly two times to the same customer!

We had Taiwan Milk tea, not too sweet, in fact it was a little bitter, if it wasnt for the pearls. And the three cup sauce chicken that eventually came was quite inedible for me. the taste of that peppermint leave thingy was way too strong that even in the car, i still felt like sick because of the smell. My brother and mother had to finish my chicken for me. So maybe it's a personal taste that I dont like it. The oyster mee sua was so-so. I didnt try it but again, my mom said it was okay. Presentation wise, the food looked nice. But I dont think the food is worth the price. I would rather go to any hawker stall and have my mee sua or chicken rice. The three cup sauce chicken costs RM7. Taiwan milk tea was RM3.80, RM4.30 with pearls.

But as much as I have to criticize this place, I must say that there are some people who went to the same place and found the food to be nice. So perhaps, it might really just be my bad food day.

Wouldnt be in a hurry to go back to SSTwo Mall though. Not much stuff to see there yet, and the food choices are quite limited.


On a different note, it's really time to hit the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment