Sunday, August 12, 2012

Balance

Baking can only take away so much of the boredom and deprivation I feel inside. Maybe it is because I have had too much of a good time in the past few months that many things I used to seek pleasure in the past is unable to give the same feeling anymore. Working at Starbucks has become a habitual routine that I fear would affect me once semester reopens and I have to quit. There are days when I am off from work and actually think about dropping by Subang Parade just to see if there is anything I can help out with in the shop.

Semester will begin next month and so many things are still in mid-way. Have yet to gain inspiration for my project paper which needs researching and writing before the 10 September, planning two trips simultaneously - one with my family to Beijing and another shorter and simply trip with friends around PJ. Can imagine a hectic semester ahead what with more student exchange programme activities going on. 

But in the seriousness of it all, I dont resent my busy-ness. I like being busy, because it keeps me occupied. No doubt there are days, I look into the mirror and see those tired eyes glaring back at me, and I would be like "oh man, you really need a break" only to realise that I cant help it but keep myself occupied with things to do. If there is one thing I have discovered that is, boredom kills. 

It is almost two months since I went to China. More than a month since I have returned home. But the memories will always remain. Before this, I never believed that it is possible to be close friends with people from foreign countries because of the language barrier. Acquaintances, roommates, friends maybe.. but close friends? I doubted that. But meeting the people there, especially two particular people, I might want to reconsider my opinion again. I posted about going to SCUT months ago (before going) saying how I had opted not to go in the previous batch but still ended up at SCUT the following year.. and someone even commented saying it was meant to be. That someone was right. Because if I had went the first time round, I would never had met these wonderful people and never would have had such a good time in China. 

Ok enough with my ramblings. Basically, I just want to say, I am grateful and happy with what life has for me right now. And I just hope that equilibrium to remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment