Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cristang @ 8 Avenue

'Day-off's from work are extremely precious to me. Eight out of 24 hours might not seem much each day, but it can sometimes be really draining. Anyway, I had a craving for chocolate molten cake. One entry after another eventually led me to food reviews about Cristang Restaurant. And it was scarily near my place. I couldnt resist dropping by the place for lunch!


My brother ordered Iced Lemon Tea. It came in a glass with a separate glass of syrup. Talk about personalising your own drink! And they even refill drinks for you!

A number of people started coming in for lunch around 12.30pm onwards.


 This is the interior of the restuarant. Wooden tables and chairs with long mirrors at one side of the restaurant. Restaurant was a little on the dim end but it created a cozy and comfortable atmosphere.


And finally the highlight of the trip - PORK BURGERS.

Basically they have a whole list of burgers ranging from what they call P1 to P10. I had P4 The Petai Starter (RM 27.75) while my brother had P3 The Original (RM25.70). 


Both burgers looked about the same. I guess the difference was in the flavour of the patty. Mine had a strong petai aroma to it. And before I forget, everything else about the burger was mouth-watering. The minced pork reminded me of spaghetti sauce flavour but it was very much melt-in-the-mouth texture. The buns were buttered and toasted, giving it a toasty feel to the burger. And the pickles went really well with the petai pork patty. Bun, cheese, petai pork patty, minced pork, vegetables and pickles and topped with another layer of bun. 

Wedges were said to be very good by a number of bloggers but I felt that the burger had successfully outshone the wedges. Wedges were nice, but a little too small for my liking. I enjoyed the burger very much. They are not your typical grab-and-go burgers. Rather, they are meant for you to enjoy and savour each bite with as much care as possible. Portions a tad too small but that asides, everything else was fantastic. 


We had Fried Butter Cake Anglaise (RM17.80) for dessert. I am usually not a fan of butter cake but this deserves compliments. The cake was moist and yet, the crumb was light and tender. Personally I felt that the butter cake tasted great, even on its own. But my brother felt that the ice-cream balanced out the flavours of the strawberry puree. Well, whatever it is, this dessert did not disappoint. Though a tad expensive, this would deserve a 5/5. 



























This is the place for you if...
You would like to go adventurous with your pork burger for lunch or dinner. And do conveniently try out their desserts too. They have Chocolate Molten Cake and rum bread pudding as well (which I have yet to try)!



Cristang Restaurant
Unit B-G-19,
8 Avenue Business Centre,
Jalan Sungai Jernih (8/1),
Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

03-79567877

11am - 3pm
5.30pm - 11.30pm
(Open except on Mondays)


No comments:

Post a Comment