Friday, October 12, 2012

Taman Sari Brasserie @ Hotel Istana

Well the past few weeks have been tiring, it has been a long marathon that has tested my stamina and still is. I started this semester thinking that I will be free-er than before but I am almost on the verge of a burn out right now. Well doesnt matter, everything will sort itself out in good time. 

Went for a International Buffet Dinner at Taman Sari in Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur. I have finally completed one term of Vice Editor of VOX Magazine. But seriously, credit should be given to N, not me. 

Heard that each person costs RM91.50. But then again, the choices of food was pretty extensive and service was very warm. There was a salad counter, bread counter, rice and staples (which included ravioli!), desserts, ice-kacang, lassi, and.. and a whole wide range of rotis and meat cooked Malay style. There was also some BBQ food outside - the sausage was very nice, big and juicy.. It is my regret that I did not take the pictures of more desserts up close nor did I take that many pictures at all..  

Bread counter. Really tempted to try the various types of bread but was pretty full. 

The various sorts of rotis. Delicious!

Look at all that fish curry.. And those are the rotis in the background.


Desserts.. always my favourite. Cupcakes are pretty but flavour wise not that great. Tiramisu was satisying. Cant really expect five star desserts in a buffet. But looks-wise, it can be a winner. 

Wont rank the food here as the best but the scenery of the garden outside is quite nice and the service is heartwarming. There was this waiter that kept checking up on our needs to made sure we were all well-fed and happy. 

A snapshot of the outside. Pity it was raining. 

All in all, buffets are always fun. Hope the best for the new Editorial team.. 

Now, if only I could get a quick rest before resuming my endless work! 


This is the place to go if..
You have a bottomless stomach that particularly enjoys Malay and Asian food. They had 10 different condiments for the ice-kacang! 


Taman Sari Brasserie
Hotel Istana
73 Jalan Raja Chulan
50200 Kuala Lumpur

03-21419988

No comments:

Post a Comment