Sunday, October 7, 2012

Alexis @ Bangsar Shopping Complex

I have only been to Alexis a few times in my life. The first, would be for a casual dinner with a friend in which I have described my dining experience here. But it was always at The Gardens, and never at BSC. This time round, my buddies and I dropped by BSC's Alexis for a place to hang out and chit chat, while waiting for dinner time to arrive. J ordered three slices of cake for everyone of us to try. 

Well, there is no need for an introduction to Alexis' ever famous Tiramisu cake (with cognac!) as well as the Mixed-fruit meringue which I introduced in my previous entry on Alexis. The environment and cakes in BSC was pretty much the same as The Gardens. But I noted that the cakes did not taste its best - it would have tasted better if they were better chilled. 

The Tiramisu (RM15) tasted as great as before with the slight alcohol flavour in the cream part of the cake. HL was crazy about the nuts. 


Mixed Fruit meringue (RM15). Another popular choice. If I have not mentioned it before, I must mention it now.. I would pick the mixed fruit meringue over the pavlova any day! Meringues, by nature are very sweet and chewy. Alexis' Pavlova therefore, have a very very sweet and crusty bottom but bland top. The Mixed-fruit meringue, however, is the perfect remedy for their Pavlova. Using almost the same meringue and ingredients, they split the 'pavlova' into two so that the sweetness of the crusty meringue is evenly distributed from top to bottom. (I hope my description gets the message across!) So while the mixed-fruit meringue is sweet, it is well balanced with the smooth cream and sour berries with each bite, whether you choose to attack this beauty of a cake from top or bottom. I love this creation.. though I would only advise it for people who can take both extremes of sweet (meringue) and sour (berries).


Then, J ordered another slice of cake - the Zuccotto Dome (RM12.50). It had a very curious design.. dome-shaped with chopped nuts sprinkled on top. The cake is fluffy and there is chocolate mousse with chocolate cream chip at the heart of the cake. I think this cake is special for its unique shape, so you may try it for something a little more fancy. 


So we had these three slices of cake that day. Each with a distinct personality. 

Tiramisu for classical and sophisticated. It is a simple cake with depth and topped with a beautiful topping of caramelised crushed nuts. Any one who loves a little tinge of alcohol in their cake would love this.

Mixed-fruit meringue is for the sweet tooth. But of course, you will have to accept the extremely sour berries that come along with it!

And finally the Zuccotto Dome which is for any one who is attracted to its special design. Can just give it a try. Taste isnt too shabby either! :)


This is the place to go if..
As mentioned in my previous review, I maintain my stand that Alexis is the perfect place for teatime. Lovely cakes, and lovely tea sets. This time, I ordered Ginger Lemongrass tea (RM15) which came with a small pot of honey. 


Alexis 
Lot 15A 1st Floor
Bangsar Shopping Centre
Bukit Bandaraya
59100 Kuala Lumpur
03-22871388

No comments:

Post a Comment