Sunday, October 14, 2012

Waffles For A Day

Barely half of my day has passed and it has already been so fulfilling (though exhausting)! Last night, I downed god knows how many SMALL cups of Carlsberg beer with my buddies. But hey, that is not the highlight of my blog entry today!

BGF organised a Food and Fun Fair today at SJK Yuk Chai. The purpose of this event is to raise funds to build a new BGF centre at Ara Damansara, if i am not mistaken. There was a food section and fun section but of course, with my tendency to gravitate to food, I volunteered to help out with the food section. And that was the best decision I made today.

Met this man with the waffle machine so I asked him if he needed help to man his stall, in which he then taught me how to make waffles with the machine. OH YEAAA~ So I made waffles non-stop from 9am to like 3pm. And the response to the waffles were very good. He didnt just sell plain old waffles but also waffle sausages. Waffles with sausage on a stick. Those got a very good response from people. That man was actually a waffle equipment supplier or something like that.. but he nevertheless impressed me with his waffle-making skills as well as his good nature. He was very different from the usual traders in the sense that he was not too much of an opportunistic. He was very honest in his work and did not get pissed off when people made mistakes. There was even a kid who wanted to eat a waffle sausage when those ran out and he actually pursued the kid with a sausage. I found that very touching and nice of him.

So yea, there goes half my day. I still have a long way to go. Needa take a break for a while before going off for dinner with some friends. And there is my assignment to do. And my project paper. Oh and.. all those tutorials. OMG!  

No comments:

Post a Comment