Monday, November 12, 2012

myBurgerLab @ Seapark

I have been eating all sorts of burgers lately, except McDonalds of course. ;) But today, I will be blogging about a burger joint that I have been hearing of a lot - myBurgerLab.





Beautiful Mess (RM18) Fried Portobello, sunny side up, swiss cheese.

Kick In The Face (RM16.50) Horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar, onion&mustard grilled patty, jalapeno.











Burgers asides, I would like to start off with saying how much I admire the three bosses for setting up a place  like this. I think there is something to learn from every single thing they do - right from how they had tasting sessions to improvise their burgers months before the place was opened up right to the way they show how much they love their customers. I like the concept of producing tasty yet genuine-tasting, wholesome burgers in a fast-food kind of way. I like how they reward their loyal customers in the most quirky of manners. I respect that they spend half the day baking charcoal buns and grinding grass-fed beef just so that they can provide their customers with the freshest of burgers in the evening. And even more so, I enjoy their burgers so very much.

Thus far I have tasted three of their burgers:
1. Kick In The Face (RM16.50)
As seen in the description of the picture above, the Kick In The Face is a burger with wasabi infused sauce. Imagine the typical burger but the difference is that the mayonnaise tastes like wasabi. Dont worry, the wasabi strength is tolerable, not too much that it makes you cry. Wouldnt highly recommend it, but if you are looking for a burger that gives a kick, you need not look no more. The beef patty is juicy and the portions are generous. (This last sentence applies to all the other burgers too).
Rating: 3/5

2. Hangover Burger (RM16)
This is my first love. The Hangover I had consisted of one beef patty topped with one hashbrown and drizzled with maple syrup. I know, it sounds weird to have syrup in burgers but honestly, this burger is amazing. It wasnt just the maple syrup and hashbrown that made it good. There was some sauce added to it that really complemented the maple syrup. And the crispiness of the hashbrown makes this burger alllll the better!
Rating: 4/5

3.  Beautiful Mess (RM18)
is really a beautiful MESS. I never really understood why this burger could be in any way messier than the other burgers but when I finally watched them prepare my Beautiful Mess, I could understand why. Beef patty stacked with three wedges of fried portobello topped with one sunny side-up, I think it is more likely you would wonder how this can ever be a tidy affair. What I loved most about this burger was (i) the fried portobello which were so crispy, yet juicy (AND BIG), (ii) the runny yolk from the sunny side-up flowing everywhere, (iii) and the cheesiness that melted and infused itself with the egg. Oh my god! This must be the ultimate creation of the God of all burgers.
Rating: 4.5/5

The next time I come here, I will be trying their A+ burger which I have also heard, is pretty darn good. Also, try their fries which are lightly salted with herbs. They are fried just perfect - not too soft and soggy but neither is it too crunchy. And their Red House (I call it cheese dip) goes so well with the fries.





With all honesty, I love this place. Not just for their food, but also for their concept and the sincerity they have in serving the burgers. But their business has just begun and there is still a long road ahead. I really hope they will continue to make burgers with this attitude, because it isnt just the burgers itself that makes them so delicious but also the people behind them that contributes to the final taste.


This is the place to go if..
You are a cool trendy person looking for dinner. This is still the place to go if you are uncool and boring. Just try their burger and you will know what I am talking about.




myBurgerLab
No. 14, Jalan 21/22,
Seapark, Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Open from 5.00pm to 10.30pm.
Closed on Mondays only.





No comments:

Post a Comment