Monday, December 17, 2012

If Tomorrow Never Comes

So there's all the buzz about 21 December 2012 being the end of the world. To be frank, I really dont see how the world will end on that day. But then again, you can never really expect the world to have a written down expiry date. I reckon if the world really had to end, it would just disappear just as simply as it had appeared with a big bang. So if you think of it that way, there is a slight possibility that the world might end. Of course, the people that calculated 21 December as D-day could very well have miscalculated and surprise surprise, it's 22 December and not 21. Oopsies.

Well, I dont wanna seem like the ignorant little freak that doesnt care a damn that the world is ending. I dont believe it will end just yet, simply because there is still some goodness in this world. The world will end when this world really has no hope or glimmer of humanity to it, in my honest opinion. Till then, we survive. Going back to the-world-is-coming-to-an-end-topic, my first guess is that 22 December will come just like any other day. Maybe you will get some extra smiles or laughters on that day from people grateful to be alive (or perhaps a few groans from those who want to avoid the impending examinations!). But let's just say the world will end this 21 December, have you really done everything you wanted in life?

For me, I probably cannot say that I did. You can check my Bucket List to see how unaccomplished I am, but that is a different story. But am I happy? How would I want to spend my last day really? I would like to think that most people would want to spend it with the ones they love. Because that is the case for me. But if you reflect back on it, yes, writing letters, sending messages of how much a person means to you just because the world is going to end is kind of.. *speechless* really. For a minute, I did contemplate sending out messages to everyone who means a lot to me on that day, but then I realised that I wouldnt really do it for my family. And my mom is really the most important person in my life. So what does sending messages to tell people how much they mean really mean?

Yes, for me, I will appreciate your thought if I ever receive a message from any of my friends. Simply because I know how serious some people view 21 December to be. But messaging isnt my style. People who I care for should know how much they mean to me ("constructive notice") and likewise, if you do care for me, I will know through your actions and how long you have been sticking around. thank you in advance. I shall remember glimpses of your faces and random pieces of memories as I watch the world crumble to its end. I will keep you in my memory while my soul gradually separates from my body. For the other silent carers of the world, you may remain silent. Dont have to wait till the end of the world to say goodbye.

Just hope that all goes well this 21 December. People might just go crazy and start shooting themselves in anticipation of the end of the world, which is so not worth it if the end of the world is still eons away. So in the next few days, keep your chill, treasure the people around you like you always have, and savour each moment of life at your own pace.

For all you people who come visit my blog to read regularly, thank you. You guys are the best silent readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment