Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sautes Etc.

Any idea what the title is about? That's 'jump' in case you are wondering. I took ballet as an external elective this semester hoping to broaden my appreciation of the arts and boy, it did not disappoint. Would like to think that my ability to dance to the rhythm of the music has improved along with my (in)flexibility to dance. I came in with zero expectations but finished the course with 99.99% satisfaction. I will never be the greatest dancer in the wirld, neither can i claim to be a very talented one. But taking up ballet as an elective has definitely opened up my eyes and ears to the beauty of dance in general, and the technicalities of ballet, to be specific. Being slow at learning did not deter my enthusiasm to attend class, in fact it spurred me to push on. When my days were bogged down with assignments, stress, sucky progress, ballet allowed me to escape my bad days for a bit. The music is really soothing and moving in line with it makes the soul move in tandem with its wavelength.

Today was my last day of ballet class as well as my final test for ballet. Of course i hope i score an A for this subject but even if i dont, i have no regrets taking this elective.

No comments:

Post a Comment