Tuesday, August 17, 2010

3 Years of Love, Tears, Laughter and Pain

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Haha.. something random.

I used to have a list of my ideal guy when i was small. The list consisted of qualities like:
1. Tall
2. Intelligent
3. Responsible
4. Hardworking

Over the years, i fell for many guys. Some that fulfilled those criteria partially, some not at all. A few had all but come to think about it.. those criteria doesnt really matter when you are looking for the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. Even if a guy is tall, intelligent, responsible, and hardworking, it doesnt exclude him from being a shallow guy or a two-timer. True, the perfect family guy, (which i so want badly) needs to be hardworking and responsible, besides being intelligent enough to support a family.. but really, it shouldnt be the emphasis.

I know a guy.. he wasnt my 'type' when i first saw him. He was short and fat, he looked like a balloon, and i almost thought he was stalking me when he started calling me almost once a week at night, 10pm. That was five years ago?
Nevertheless, i enjoyed talking to him. He knew a lot of stuff that was happening in school and he would share them with me. Occasionally, i would tell him things that were bothering me and when i had a crush, he was one of the first few i would run to for advice. Likewise, he confided in me as he was crushing on another girl as well. This stalker turned out to be a great friend. Over the next stretch of years, we became closer. Especially when we were put in the same class in form 4.

I was still heartbroken from my break-up that happened the previous year and yea, this friend was one of the ones i often turned to when in need of support and a listening ear. I remember feeling embarrassed i had to ask his opinion on the card i made for my ex. But he was really supportive and a great listener. As he was having a hard time with his personal life as well, i knew that i had to be there for him.

This gradual symbiosis gradually changed from friendship to something a little more complex. The stalker was now my best friend. And he was no longer the fat round balloon. He was quite a tall and good-looking guy with quite a lot of brains (at least enough to be my Chemistry and Add maths tutor!) Most importantly, he genuinely cared for me and helped me overcome my personal fears.

I guess we both knew we liked each other but somehow, i was afraid. Afraid for many things. I hurt his feelings and he forgave me. Time after time. He never gave up on me.

So i dedicate this post to you. As my boyfriend, sweetheart, lover, and best friend. You love me for who i am and see the beauty in me that sometimes, i myself cannot see.

I can have vege stuch in between my braces and still smile broadly at you.
I can be my silliest without being afraid you will think i am silly.
You know the very best and the very worst of me. That's why you are special to me.

HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY! (It's on the 22th but if i want to make this a surprise, just as well do it early..)

Let this anniversary be a reminder of how far and how much we have already gone through and serve as a motivation that we can live through tens of this anniversaries in the future. XOXO.


No comments:

Post a Comment