Friday, December 31, 2010

Three Resolutions

I wonder what year 2011 holds for me. To me, tomorrow will just be another that i live - i am still in my holiday mood and i do not intend to bring that mood to a halt. So it is with regret that i realise that university starts next Monday (and today is Friday!).

Well, for starters, i can imagine that in semester 2, things would rush by just as it did in semester 1. I miss Zokhrism, they made my life easier to live through in semester 1, and i hope we still do for the many semesters ahead. I will still take part in as many activities i can but perhaps, not too many..

This is the year I will start a full-fledge long distance relationship. Chee Yuan will be going to India in April, and will be studying in Manipal for 2.5 years. Although we did have our fair share of long distance when i was in matriculation (Perak) and he, in Shah Alam, at least we still could see each other at the very least, once a month. And call rates between states are the same. This time, well, everything will be so different. I have never been to India, can never possibly imagine what India is like. He will be starting his university life there, a total new phase of life, with me only in the background. We will be studying different courses, different places, different friends even different time zones. The one who is always the late one between the both of us is now behind Malaysian time by TWO hours. We will only have the Internet to keep us together, and i feel so so afraid.

No doubt, in the past few months and this December, i have really come to know CY better than ever before. But often, i wonder to myself if it will ever be enough?

New subjects, new lecturers. I will have to face them with strength, patience, and optimism.

I guess for this year, i wont set myself a list-ful of resolutions as they always end up unfulfilled.

1. Take part in as many activities as in semester 1. These activities were the ones that coloured my uni life.
2. Have faith and dont get hurt so easily. This applies to all my friends and cy.
3. Don't give up. At least you know you did your best.

Cheers! And to everyone, Happy New Year! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment