Sunday, March 25, 2012

Half A Mississippi Mud Pie


I couldnt resist attempting to bake a mississippi mud pie, especially after seeing the caffeinated kitchen blog post about it. Theirs look so tempting I had to try to make it for myself!!!

But of course, spending my day baking as well as visiting the animal shelter yesterday, comes at a cost.. I ended up not doing the slightest bit of reading up on my books! I really REALLY need to start after lunch. Anyways, a few comments on the mud pie that I made.

Why I call it HALF a mississippi mud pie is because it is an unfinished work. I had only completed the oreo crust as well as the flourless chocolate cake (picture above) and my mom was in a hurry for me to serve it to everyone to try. She wasnt too keen on me making the pudding layer as it will just be more calories for my dad to consume. Lame but yea, true story. I promise the next time I bake this I wont just do the cake and the crust. I will complete it right to the very end. That asides, I got mostly positive feedback from my family. This is a very chocolate-y cake, suitable for chocolate lovers. Thick oreo crust with moist goeey chocolate with each bite. I can only imagine how heavenly it would taste if I went all the whole and made the complete mississipi mud pie. Dont worry, it will be real soon. ;)

On a different note, the cramps steathily crept in since last evening. First I felt the muscle cramps on my abdomen, then my back and when I woke up this morning, the entire 'cramping' process was complete. Thighs, hips, shoulders, you name it. Except (of all places!) my calf! Totally zomg. My mother thinks that I must be walking very fast on normal days to not experience cramps on my calf after yesterdays run. Lol, oh no laughing makes my abdominal muscles cramp.



No comments:

Post a Comment