Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Metta Frenzy

Just as quickly as it commenced, the pet contest thingy ended today.

I would have posted a fb status to thank everyone but to be honest, I really feel that a status alone would not have been able to depict the amount of gratitude I felt towards everyone who was involved in getting Metta his 250 likes on fb as well as the people who voted for him as the cutest among the top 5 in the faculty today. It goes to show how much a little effort by everyone can make a big deal to a person.

When I sent in Metta's picture, it started off with just doing it for the fun of it. I didnt imagine myself going about trying to get people on my friends list to 'like' Metta's picture nor imagine attempting to make Metta's picture the most popular picture. But the competitive feeling started to kick in especially when I saw how other people's pets were reaching 120+ 'likes' while mine was just maintaining the feeble, measly 30+ likes. How sad for such an adorable boy like Metta, right???

So the frenzy began.

The rest of the story does not need any further explanation. You know how fb works, you know how competitions like this annoy the hell out of people when random friends start msging you just so you can like their pet's picture.

I honestly tried to avoid that. Initially I started by just telling those who I chatted with on a regular basis. But when that wasnt enough, I got more into it. So.. so, if I did annoy anyone whom I havent spoken to over the past year by asking them to like my doggie's picture, please forgive me for being getting too into the whole game. If there is one thing I learned from this event, I will never brush people off when they ask me to like their picture in future because I now know how precious each and every 'like' is. I dont approve this business of liking-photos-to-win contest but I dont think it can be helped.

Yet just as how challenging it was for me to overcome my normally quite "un-thick face," I want to thank everyone, from the bottom of my heart for all your genuine likes and support. Those who liked it even without me going around promoting Metta to you, to those who shared Metta's picture without even me asking for you to do so,( I had a stranger who even shared Metta's picture for me!), to a particular person who asked his close friends to like Metta's picture and as well as those who told me that Metta is adorable. Thank you to all of you. You have no idea how much it means to me, even if Metta did not win in the finale.

Anyways this is another equally adorable picture of Metta. Wouldnt be participating in these type of popularity contests for some time. :p



1 comment: