Friday, March 30, 2012

My Epitome of Manliness

This is not just any dog. This is Serdang, THE dog.


I met him at Paws Mission (now renamed as Second Chance) in August last year and have been 'in love' with him ever since. He is not the type of dog that I would normally like but there is something about Serdang that really keeps me so attracted to him. And when I went to the shelter today to check on him after so long, he looked better than ever! 
He has grown taller and he looks more handsome than ever. That asides, he was the same old fella. I know it feels kinda wrong to call a dog, man. And it might be a little weird to hear a human girl blog so passionately about a dog but I really cant help it. 

If you ever asked me to describe what attracts me to a man, well.. Serdang has it all. (despite not being hu-man). 

He is cool. 

He is laid-back. The way he carries himself is so.. Serdang. Very relaxed. 

He is calm and collected. While all the dogs get excited with each new visitor that comes to the shelter, Serdang will bark wisely and selectively. And he NEVER jumps on people. Something I find very cool as most dogs that get excitedly easily normally do that (and though you might enjoy the attention, it can get exasperating if their paws are wet and muddy!)


He has the most beautiful eyes. AND the cutest pair of ears. 


He knows when to listen and when to stand firm on his stance. Read: A great leader! As I was the one that trained him last year over a span of three months, I can say that Serdang is an alpha-male. (A term to indicate that a dog is the leader of his pack). He knows when to lead and when to let his followers have a say. Totally such a turn on! 


 Oh.. here's a picture of me walking him. He's such a joy to walk to compared to most dogs. He rarely pulls and drags you wherever he goes. (Most dogs are like that). Perhaps what makes me attracted to him is that he is different from most dogs I know.

And most importantly, I know that I can trust him. I know he wont snap at me. Or smudge my shirt with muddy paw prints. I know he wont forget me. And he never drags me everywhere. There was once, another trainer was holding him and when he managed to get out of the leash, he ran to me!

So yea. Although guys and dogs are two different things, but I think if you read between the lines, you can get a rough idea of what I think makes a man, manly. No, not the muscles or that six-pack. Manliness goes beyond skin deep.


No comments:

Post a Comment