Thursday, May 26, 2011

I thought I was strong enough, thought i could hold it up and not break down. But I did tonight. You break my heart, time and time again. And I so foolishly let you break it.

I find it hard to accept that you are gone from my life.
I find it hard to accept that I mean so little to you now.
I find it hard to accept that you dont have sleepless nights because of us.
that I might never see your face for a long long time
that I will have to celebrate my birthday alone this time, and the years to come
that I can never call you again to tell you about my day
never will I hear your gentle voice comfort me in distress
never step into your comfortable room again
never have you hug me

and that I would have to
pack our stuff together in a box and keep it away
learn to move on and get over a love lost
accept that some things arent meant to be
fight the need to reach out to you
resist the urge to know what your life is like

i really dont want this to end
i almost cant recall what my life was without you
i dont want to go to places we normally go to be reminded that i wouldnt be going there with you again
i dont want to watch the movies we watched together for fear that they provoke memories
i dont want to see our old friends and teachers, for i do not welcome their questions
i dont want to look at our things, only to fall back into reality knowing that those things were only good for when we are together but hurts when we arent
i dont want to see your FB one day to find that you have alrd moved on
i dont want to read the msgs and letters you used to write because it will remind me of the irony of the situation today
i dont want to see pics of us in better times for those smiling faces are only gloating at my misery
i dont want to wake up one day only to realise that i have not only lost my bf, but also one of my best-est friends in my life
i dont want to lose you

but i know
i know that this split is inevitable
i dont really have a say in this
i just wish i can get this over with
it really is very hard to accept that you decided to change overnight
much harder to accept that you have stopped loving me
i dont want to forget those beautiful memories
and even the not-so-beautiful ones
'coz they remind me of how pure our love used to be
but everything i do, just keeps going back to those bittersweet fragments in my head
i really want to let go
so i can stop hurting
i just want to stop thinking of you
stop loving you





No comments:

Post a Comment