Monday, May 23, 2011

Tiramisu and Spending Spree

I am not one who normally splurges RM100+ in a day. I will feel guilty and start to withdraw in my comfy room for the next few days, spending as little as possible after that. But today, was a different matter. Having been busy with the birthday celebration of Zokhri and Jo Rene hours after my last exam paper, the Wet N' Wild Camp in Gopeng and the ALSA UiTM National Conference, today marked my first official free day after exams!

I woke up early as usual, and had to make a decision between making a tiramisu cake or go on a shopping spree at Berjaya Times Square. In the end, i decided to do both! But i went to Midvalley instead. Walked all over MV looking high and low for the ultimate perfect pair of skinny jeans and finally bought one for RM59.

Hair brush RM19.90
Other personal stuff RM20
Cream cheese RM10.90 x 2 = RM21.80
Lunch RM9.50
Ice-cream RM1.50 x 2 = RM3.00
Jeans RM59
Ladyfingers (for tiramisu) RM3.50
Vanilla essence RM2.80
Whipping cream RM19.90

Total: almost RM200

And... and the worst thing is I feel no remorse! In fact, i feel like kicking myself for not buying that dress I liked so much. *Hope I dont become a shopaholic* I am trying to comfort myself with the fact that I didnt really spend much on myself. The cream cheese, and other food items were bought for baking purposes and technically, this is for the consumption of my family and not just me. Fair, right? heehee

Came back and started work on the tiramisu.
All you need is:

2 blocks of cream cheese, softened
3 eggs, separated
2/3 cup sugar

200ml strong coffee (3 tsp instant coffee + 3 tsp sugar)

50 lady finger biscuits
2 tbsp cocoa powder (for dusting)
½ tsp vanilla

1. Cream the cream cheese, yolks, sugar and vanilla.

2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites till they form peaks. Mix them into the cream cheese mixture.

3. Dip ladyfingers into the coffee. (Personally, I think you will need to dip it till they are soggy coz in my case, I didnt, and the biscuit remained chewy and that made cutting the tiramisu a little more tedious.) Arrange them in a 8 x 8 pan.

4. Top the next layer with the cream cheese mixture. Alternate between the ladyfingers layer and cream cheese. The final layer should be the cream cheese. Decorate the top by dusting with cocoa powder.

5. Refrigerate for around 6 hours. And it is ready to be served! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment