Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last night, I gave in to my emotions. But it will not always happen. Each and every time I fall, I will have more strength and belief that i can get back up again. Each time i hurt and cry, I am that much closer to picking myself up, and moving on with my life. at least, this is what i hope for.

Something random, just remembered what you got for my 17th birthday. A bouquet of roses that arrived at my house before i even got back from home. At that time, I was unhappy because you couldnt celebrate my birthday with me. But right now, when i look back, i realise that there were so many instances like this that i took you for granted. My heart pains not just because i have lost you, but also because of all the regrets. You are sorry for letting me down, I am sorry for causing you to shed those tears, and hurting you throughout the course of our relationship. I can only hope i will be forgiven for those instances, that i am today, ashamed to admit was my deed.

sigh... but what is past is past. I cannot go back in time to make things right. If i could, i would go back to all those days we quarrelled and fought over itsy-bitsy stuff and instead of picking a fight with you, i would have forgiven you there and then. Because what matters most was that then, you did love me with all your heart. And i am sorry, really sorry, i took your love and affection for granted then.

The only way i can comfort myself now is that I can only ensure that i will never let this happen ever again. As much as it is difficult to do, i will try never ever to take my loved ones for granted in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment