Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life is Short

Apparently, one of my seniors passed away this evening. It was a car accident.

Goes to show how people can be in your life one moment and be gone for eternity, the next. Your life can disappear in a flash. Maybe if i was closer to him, his death would affect me even more. But even as it is, his death is still nevertheless, a shock to me. I wonder how I would feel if that person who left this world wasnt him but was someone closer to me. People whom I had shared good and bad memories, people I wish I had that one last chance to talk to with, people who I wish knew how important they are to me, or even, a simple apology to every one out there whom I have shown a black face to, or got pissed off at.

And then the thought lingers to.. me.

What would I do if I die tomorrow?

Have I done everything I want to? Can I be certain that I would die with a smile on my face?

Then you realise that when life is short, your priorities in life change. You arent going after that job promotion anymore. Stress is just a word. Getting the recognition or a certain status, be it social or work, suddenly doesnt matter so much anymore.

For me, I think I would regret the other more candid stuff in life.

I wish that I didnt miss that opportunity to go up a hot-air balloon with you.
Going for another trip somewhere, just my mom and I.
Telling my mom I love her.
Making a change in the lives of others, no matter how small.
Eating my hearts content.
Living life, instead of rushing life.
Hugging Metta every single day before going out.
Swimming in the sea.

Maybe if I realise that life is short and that it is a gift given to us by God that can be taken away from us anytime, maybe I will realise that sometimes we just have to let what's bothering us go. Just live in the moment. Take risks. I dont mean being rash, but rather.. grabbing any opportunities we have that comes along our way for we never know when that opportunity may ever come round again.

Appreciate those who love you and love them back in return.

Laugh out loud.

Take breaks off from work just so you can do something random.

Forget grudges.

Accept your feelings, embrace them.

And maybe that's what I shall start to do. Live a little more. Play a little more. Laugh a little more. Hopefully I will have no regrets when MY time comes.



P.S. I hope you rest in peace. I might never have spoken to you in person but I know you were an awesome person in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment