Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Books and a Movie

Clearing up my room made me discover a stack of novels I bought years ago but never went round to reading them. I found:

1. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Very deep and intense sexual stuff.
2. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest
Thriller.
3. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
Romance
4. Hitler's Private Library: The Books that shaped his life by Timothy Ryback
well.. Hitler. You know him right? :p
5.The Last Eunuch of China: The Life of Sun Yunting
probably autobiography.
6. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
the title says it all - romance.

All are books that I have wanted to read at one point or other in my life. With the exception of no. 6 which I have already read before. Started on Lolita and reread Dear John.

This might sound quite disjunct. Watched a movie called One Day. It makes you realise that when a person is that important to you, no matter what you say or do, no matter what he says or do, you still end up popping into their life ever so often. No matter how much you wish you could walk away.. you can't. And even if loving that person will only break your heart, you can do nothing about it but wait. This was a heart-rendering movie to watch with an even sadder ending. Not supposed to cry on CNY, but I did.

Anyway, this is a random post. Counting the days till Carey Island..


No comments:

Post a Comment