Saturday, January 28, 2012

Spaghetti Dinner


So yea, I made spaghetti for dinner, AGAIN. It's getting pretty easy for me.. preparing the sauce, mincing the meat, boiling the noodles. It's crazy how something so delicious can be so easy to cook right? I wish I could say the same for Chinese cuisines. But too bad, havent gotten the chance to cook chinese, and besides, chinese food just seems that much more daunting. Probably not the time for me to learn yet.. but soon. One day, when I am pushed into the deep end of the pool, I will eventually learn how to swim. Something like that..

Sauce:
1 can of tomato puree
1 whole garlic, chopped finely
2 big onions, sliced
3/4 carrot, cubed
2 tomatoes, cut
Minced pork
Salt
Sugar

Actually I just cook with anything I have in the kitchen. If I had more carrots at home, I might have put more. Add some oil in the sauce pot, and stir fry the onions, garlic, and carrot. Then quickly add in the minced meat. When it is quite ready, pour in the canned puree and tomatoes. Add in salt and sugar to taste.

Noodles:
Boil a pot of hot water. Add a few drops of olive oil into water. Then, add in spaghetti noodles. Cook until soft and 'expanded.' Pour it out and drain water away. According to my dad, dont rinse the noodles with water after that.

Assemble:
When ready to eat, take as much noodles as you want. Add in the cheese. (Parmesan is the norm, but for my family we just love putting mozarella although mozarella is actually for pizza). Then add in some heated sauce. It's delicious!




Been kinda busy handling two societies at the moment. ALSA will be launching quite a lot of projects in the next few months and me, being the secretary have to prepare all the proposals. And I am setting up a new club for Taekwon-do GTF. So excited!!

But to be honest, when it comes to these things.. it only works when you can get the co-operation of everyone. Sorry to say, not everyone can tolerate a dictator. and I believe, I am kinda one of those type of people. I know what I want to do, and I want people to do things my way, quickly and efficiently. I do realise other people have a life outside ALSA or whatsoever club involved, but when you commit to a post, you should give it your all. Not talking about anyone in particular.. but yea. The past few days have made me realise how powerful it is to be able to influence people and get people to co-operate with you. A process of learning I guess. Fingers crossed, the skills I shall acquire and learn throughout the next few months shall be useful for me in the future. Really, truly blessed to be given the opportunity to face such heavy responsibilities, even if at times, I do complain or whine about how difficult or frustrating it can be.


2 comments:

  1. Seeesh girl... you bake and cook! :D lovely... you're so MY IDOL NOW! you're the woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol pls dont!!! you cook chinese wayyyyy better than me!!!

    ReplyDelete