Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Metta with more Health Probs

Metta has been recovering well. Havent seen the sight of bloody stools for a few days now, nor vomit. His appetite is as good as ever, and he is still the happy boy he normally is.

Still.. since what happened on the evening of the 15th is not something that will be depleted from my mind so easily. Have been closely monitoring him over the past few days, more closely than ever. And when I saw what he urinated out this morning, I really dont know what to think.

His urine isnt the normal urine colour but rather, a mixture of urine and blood (or so, I imagine). Normal urine is transparent and if you dont take enough water, it can go to the extent of concentrated yellow. But NOT brown!!! I called the vet and she says that she will need samples of his urine. But my exam is tomorrow and I havent been progressing much in my revision. Probably will have to put Metta on hold for one more day before I send in that urine sample, but it doesnt keep me from worrying. Why is everything happening all of a sudden? Is it really such a pure coincidence. Although Metta looks happy, I know it's because he always tries to put a smile on his face. I will never really know whether he is in pain until one day, when the pain is extremely intolerable for Metta to bear.. and I am afraid by then, it would be too late.

Perhaps, I am overthinking things, and I really should just focus on my PIL and think about this only when PIL is over. But the image of him lying almost dead on the floor, being unable to move or even lift his head.. it isnt something any pet owner would want to see happen to their dog.

I will just end this post here. Hopefully, Metta will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment